Mydex Data Services Community Interest Company ("Mydex") is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
How we use your information
- visitors to our websites
- complainants and other individuals in relation to a data protection or freedom of information complaint or enquiry
- people who use our services.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Information we may collect from you
When you visit one of our websites we may collect and process the following data about you:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on mydex.org or any of its subdomains. This includes information you provide when you register to use our services or request further services. We may also ask you for information if you report a problem with one of our sites
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence
- details of your visits to our site, for example standard internet log information such as your IP address, operating system, browser type and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to different parts of the site. We collect this information in a way which does not identify you, and we will not make any attempt to find out the identity of anyone who visits our websites. We will not associate any data gathered from this site with any personally identifying information from any source.
If we do want to collect personally identifiable information through our websites, we'll be up front about it. We'll make it clear that we are collecting personal information and we'll explain what we intend to do with it.
People who use Mydex services
Mydex offers various services to the public. We have to hold the details of the people who have requested those services in order to provide them. However, we only use these details to provide the service(s) the person has requested and for other closely related purposes. For example, we might use information about people who have requested a particular publication to carry out a survey to find out if they are happy with the level of service they received. We give people the option to cancel their subscription to our services at any time and make it easy for them to do so.
Cookies are small files of letters and numbers that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit if you agree. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently. They are also used to provide analytical information to the owners of the site such as the number of visitors, or how visitors move around the site, which helps the owners to provide visitors with a good experience of the site.
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access some or all of our site.
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Complaints or queries
Mydex tries to meet the highest standards when collecting and using personal information. For this reason, we take any complaints we receive very seriously. We encourage people to tell us if they think that our collection or use of their personal data or any other information is unfair, misleading or inappropriate. We would also welcome any suggestions for improvements.
This privacy notice was drafted with brevity and clarity in mind. It does not provide exhaustive detail of all aspects of Mydex’s collection and use of personal information. However, we are happy to provide any additional information or explanation on request. You can contact us in a number of ways.